GROUND STRUCTURES ENGINEERING CONSULTANTS provides geotechnical engineering, hydrogeology, mineral exploration and environmental services to the mining industry. Fluctuations in the economic stability of the mining industry coupled with increasing environmental concerns have resulted in changes to traditional mining methods and the development of new mineral exploitation and land reclamation techniques. GROUND STRUCTURES is aware of these issues and offers the following consulting services to the mining industry.
- Environmental Impact Assessments
- Field Investigations
- Analyses of Pit Slopes
- Siting and Analyses of Waste Dumps
- Siting and Analyses of Tailing Disposal Facilities
- Analyses of Mine Dewatering and Water Supply
- Groundwater Monitoring and Impact Studies
- Surface Water studies
- Geotechnical Instrumentation
Field investigations for ore reserve estimates are often coupled with preliminary geotechnical investigations to provide data for the design of pit slopes and mine dewatering systems. Computer modeling of ore reserves, slope stability, and surface and groundwater are among the tools used by GROUND STRUCTURES project teams.